Health Professions Week (HPW) is next week! HPW offers students interested in a health professions career the chance to explore 21 diverse, rewarding professions through a series of FREE online and in-person events. By registering, students will have the opportunity to chat virtually with practitioners and current students about what each profession has to offer, hear a keynote address from Dr. Kameron Matthews, network in-person with healthcare professionals through a Community Connect Day, and best of all, have a chance to win great prizes like one of five $1,000 education scholarships from Sallie Mae!
Check out the full events schedule here: https://explorehealthcareers.org/hpw-events-schedule/
The PHMO will be celebrating Health Professions Week with several on campus events! See the details below:
- Peer Mentor Tabling at Wonderful Wednesday: Stop by our table at Wonderful Wednesday to grab some candy and speak with a peer mentor about the various career options in the health professions
- Date/Time: Wednesday, November 8, from 11:30-1:00pm
- Health Professions Hop: The Health Professions Hop is a formal reception where Emory undergraduate students have the opportunity to mingle with current healthcare professionals. This is an opportunity for the Emory undergraduates to get advice from healthcare practitioners and gain insight into various fields of healthcare. First year students will receive PACE credit.
- Date/Time: Wednesday, November 8, from 6:30-9:00pm
- Location: Cox Hall Banquet Room & Cox Hall Foyer
- RSVP Link: http://bit.ly/professionhop2017
- PHMO Chili Cook-Off: Stop by the PHMO to celebrate the culmination of Health Professions Week at the PHMO Chili Cook-Off! Students will have the opportunity to sample some delicious chili made by the PHMO staff and vote on your favorite. Additionally, peer mentors and advisors will be on hand to answer pre-health questions. Attendees will be entered into a drawing to win fun prizes from the Princeton Review, NextStep Test Prep! One grand prize winner will receive a FREE Kaplan test prep course (MCAT, GRE, DAT, OAT, PCAT, etc.)
- Date/Time: Friday, November 10, 2017 from 11:00am-3:00pm
- Location: PHMO (B. Jones Suite 204)