Deadline to Complete Intent to Apply Form is December 15, 2017
- All Juniors, Seniors, and Alumni who are eligible to apply for a Composite Letter should have received an email containing the Intent to Apply form. Students are required to complete this form by December 15, 2017 in order to apply for a 2018 Composite Letter. If you believe you are eligible to apply for a Composite Letter this cycle, but did not receive the form, please email your pre-health advisor ASAP.
The last Group Mandatory Check-Up for the Fall semester was on November 20th. Sophomore pre-med, dental, optometry, or podiatry students who did NOT complete a Group Mandatory Check-Up in the Fall must attend one in the Spring in order to remain eligible to apply for a Composite Letter in the future. There will be limited Group Mandatory Check-Ups offered in the Spring, so please make sure to sign up for an early session to reserve your spot. Check the PHMO Newsletter on December 15th for more info on Spring dates.
PHMO at Oxford
- The PHMO will be at Oxford on Friday, September 8th. Stop by our table in the New Dean's Dining Room with any pre-health questions. Sophomores should sign up for their Group Mandatory Check-Up here: http://bit.ly/2j42pwf.
- Group Mandatory Check-Ups for Sophomores start the week of September 11. Sophomore pre-medical, dental, optometry, and podiatry students are required to attend a Group Mandatory Check-Up in order to remain eligible to apply for a Composite Letter. To sign up, click on the "Events" tab of www.emory.edu/asst and RSVP for the date that works best with your schedule.
- We will be offering Group Check-Ups for students interested in Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Veterinary Medicine, Public Health, and other healthcare professions outside of medicine, dentistry, optometry and podiatry. Since these healthcare professional programs do not use Composite Letters, the Group Check-Ups for these professions will provide an introduction to holistic development without the detailed info on the Composite Letter. More info on the PHMO website.
Download the 2018 PHMO Applicant Manual
- For applicants applying to AMCAS, AADSAS, AACOMAS, TMDSAS, OptomCAS, and AACPMAS: http://bit.ly/phmo2018applicantmanual
- The Emory Continued Writing courses should fulfill the English prerequisite requirement for most health professional programs.* Some programs may request verification that these interdisciplinary courses fulfill Emory's writing requirement. If a school you apply to requests further information about the Continued Writing courses, please complete this form: CWRT Letter Request. The PHMO will provide the school with a detailed explanation of the CWRT courses.
*Check with individual schools to confirm. To fulfill the English requirement, CWRT courses need to be in the English language (for example, a Spanish CWRT course will not count).
PreHealth Database Requests
PreHealth Database Requests
- If you are applying to a health professional program and you have recommendations letters in your Credentials File, please see the Career Center website for instructions on making a request on the PreHealth Database to have your letters sent to your Centralized Application Service. On the left sidebar, you will find instructions for submitting individual letters, letter packets, and Composite Letters, as well as instructions for each CAS: http://career.emory.edu/prehealth/composite_letters/index.html.